- Activity 3 (a): Implementation of the campaign
- Activity 3 (b) Implementation of separation at source
- Activity 3 (c): Laboratory analysis of collected samples
During this action, the implementation of the separation at source program in 2 selected areas of the municipality of Athens and the Municipality of Kifissia in accordance with the design of the pilot system that will result from the second action will take place. The implementation of the program includes:
- The involvement of at least 6,000 residents (about 2000 households) in two areas of application of the separation at source program
- The distribution of at least 1120 biowaste collection bins in the Municipalities of Athens and Kifissia
- Recovery of 720 tn of biowaste through the implementation of the separation at source program in the application areas of the Municipalities of Athens and Kifissia
Moreover, laboratory analysis of materials (eg waste composition, moisture content) collected from areas of the separation at source system, in order to evaluate the success of the separation, is envisaged. Finally, for the wider participation of the public / residents in the program provides continuous flow of information through an appropriate information campaign throughout the implementation of the separation at source program will take place.